17 Apr 2007

Pope Benedict - a belated 80th birthday greeting


Since my internet connection has not been working for several weeks, I am sorry to say that I have been unable to keep up to date with this blog - AND I HAVE MISSED THE POPE'S BIRTHDAY, which was yesterday!!

So here is my belated greeting to His Holiness:

Dear Holy Father,

I hope you had a very happy and holy 80th birthday yesterday and wish you very many happy returns, good health in the coming years and God's abundant blessings for your work as Bishop of Rome.

The Church is grateful to the Almighty for your ministry. We entered a period of hope and love with your election, hope and love which you express in your very being, and which you do not hesitate to remind us of in your teaching. I have no doubt that your "approval ratings" among Catholics would exceed those of your predecessor.

God bless you.

No comments: